By using this Web site, you signify your consent to and agreement to be bound by these terms, practices, and policies.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the privacy practices on this Web site, please address them in writing to Privacy Officer, Hemisphere GPS., 4110-9th Street SE, Calgary, AB, Canada, T2G 3C4 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hemisphere GPS collects personal information only if site users voluntarily give it to us by subscribing to our e-mail newsletters or by using our electronic storefront. Users are under no obligation to give us personal information and need not do so to access our Web site. By volunteering this information, users agree to its collection for the purposes stated below.
Hemisphere GPS uses the personal information collected to:
- provide users with e-mail updates (if requested) of events, new research, and activities of Hemisphere GPS;
- process e-commerce orders through our electronic storefront;
- obtain user feedback concerning the Web site; and/or
- keep aggregate information concerning Web site use;
- obtain user information provided from the downloading of manuals, articles, white papers and application notes.
Collection of Information
a. E-mail Updates. When a user subscribes to e-mail updates from Hemisphere GPS, we may collect some or all of the following personal information:
- Company Name
- E-mail Address
- Business Telephone Number
b. E-Commerce Transactions. When a user purchases an item using a credit card from our secure online shopping site, some or all of the following personal information is collected:
- State/Province /Country
- Postal Code
- E-mail Address
- Credit Card Number, Type, and Expiration Date
When a user purchases an item using a purchase order account from our secure online shopping site, the purchase order number, user ID, and password provided to our purchase order accounts are used to authenticate the user. Purchase order account information stored in our database includes: Account primary contact name, Company name, Company address, E-mail address, and the User ID and password used to access your account online. Customer purchase order accounts are set up directly with our finance department and invoiced off-line upon a completed order.
We use industry-standard e-commerce security technology to protect any personal information you transmit to us when purchasing by credit card or by a purchase order account in our electronic store. This e-commerce security includes:
- encrypting the information you input using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) software;
- authenticating the identity of Hemisphere GPS and our customer to prevent fraudulent transactions on either end using VeriSign's Digital IDs. VeriSign, Inc.'s digital ID and encryption technologies are widely used by online retailers such as Microsoft and Amazon.com. The lock icon in Microsoft Internet Explorer and Netscape Communicator browsers indicate that the Digital IDs are valid on the site you are using; and,
- storing only the last 4 digits of your credit card number when confirming an order.
Note: Protect your password when using a shared computer - Make sure to sign off and close your browser window.
c. User Feedback Submitted by E-mail. When submitting a comment by e-mail to our general mailboxes, we will use your e-mail address to reply to your e-mail; however, we do NOT collect and store your e-mail address in a database.
d. Web Site Usage Statistics. Hemisphere GPS also collects non-personally-identifiable information that becomes available as a result of a user's visit to our Web site(s). Information that is automatically collected includes the user’s:
- IP address (a number automatically assigned to your computer when you visit the Web site. Our server automatically logs the user's IP address);
- Internet Service Provider (ISP);
- Web browser; and
Limiting Use, Disclosure & Retention
An individual's personal information is used only in connection with the purposes identified in “Purpose” section of this policy. Individual information collected by Hemisphere GPS will not be sold or made available to third parties. The retention periods for personal information collected by Hemisphere GPS are as follows:
- information collected for the purpose of providing e-mail updates is retained until the user requests to be removed from our subscription list by e-mailing email@example.com and
- information collected for the purpose of shopping in our online store is retained for a period of one year after the order is processed
Users can subscribe, unsubscribe, or correct information required to receive e-mail updates from Hemisphere GPS. To subscribe or unsubscribe, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure the protection of personal information collected by Hemisphere GPS, we employ the following physical, organizational and technological security safeguards:
- Access is restricted at the offices of Hemisphere GPS, to employees and other authorized individuals.
- Access to the Hemisphere GPS servers containing personal information is limited to designated employees, to our Web site development company, and to our ISP, and is accessed only by use of a password; also, servers storing e-commerce information are accessible only via secure connections.
- The servers of Hemisphere GPS contain firewall protection.
- All employees are made aware of the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of our users' personal information.
Hemisphere GPS are committed to making readily available to individuals information on our privacy policies and practices.
To review your personal information collected by Hemisphere GPS, please direct your request in writing to Privacy Officer, Hemisphere GPS., 4110-9th Street SE, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, T2G 3C4 or by e-mail at email@example.com
Challenging the Compliance of Hemisphere GPS
To challenge the compliance of Hemisphere GPS with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act of Canada, please address your concerns in writing to Privacy Officer, Hemisphere GPS, 4110-9th Street SE, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, T2G 3C4 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not satisfied with our response to your challenge, you may within six months submit a complaint to the Federal Privacy Commissioner. Appeals of the commissioner’s decisions may be made to the Federal Court of Canada within 45 days after the commissioner's report is sent.